Re-crea is a repository of creations sponsored by the Barcelona Chamber of Commerce and Barcelona Design Centre, the purpose of which is to provide an easy, quick, low-cost, confidential guarantee of the origin of a creation.
Creations are all those protected by intellectual property rights, or by industrial design legislation.
Businesses and professionals often find themselves required to present products, projects or creations to clients or at trade fairs and events before they have been able to register them at the industrial and intellectual property offices.
Re-crea, an on-line repository, was created precisely for these situations. The purpose of a creations repository is to certify that a particular document was sent by a duly identified user to a secure server on a certain date and at a certain time (time stamp).
- Re-crea was born out of the need for a quick solution to serve as proof in the case of copies by third parties. The user deposits the documents on a secure server owned by the Barcelona Chamber of Commerce.
- Re-crea is a time stamp that can be used as evidence that the document was deposited on a secure server at a specific time and on a specific date.
- Re-crea makes it impossible for any of the parties to manipulate the document deposited.
- Re-crea does not provide a guarantee that the document deposited is an original.
Under no event does registration in the Re-crea repository replace the exclusive legal effect of registration in public registries, especially the Registro de la Propiedad Intelectual (Intellectual Property Register), and/or the Oficina Espanyola de Patentes y Marcas (Spanish Patent and Trademark Office). For such cases it is necessary to follow the appropriate procedures to register these at the Oficina Española de Patentes y Marcas (Spanish Patent and Trademark Office) at the Oficina de Armonización del Mercado Interior (Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market), at the Registro de la Propiedad Intelectual (Intellectual Property Register) or at your nearest intellectual property register.
Re-crea is designed for design, R&D, marketing, and engineering departments as well as designers, engineers, advertising agencies, architects, draftsmen, researchers, photographers, artists, and all other professionals and companies who need to certify their creations.
Until now, companies and professionals that have to present a product, a project and/or a creation to a client, at a fair or an event, do not have enough time to register them at the intellectual property offices.
Internet is an excellent medium for sharing creative work, but at the same time it is not safe enough to avoid plagiarism, and the owner has few tools to prove his/her authorship.
Re-Crea was born as a result of the synergy between The Barcelona Chamber of Commerce and the BCD, from the need to record creations vs. copies of others.
- Re-crea is the equivalent to the deposit of documents before a notary, cutting time and expenses.
- The security offered by the digital certificate is the same as the one offered by notaries.
- The time required to register creations is minimal, and Re-Crea is available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.